Wednesday 13 February 2013

Packing for New Zealand

I am a woman who likes lists - this is generally because, if I don't have a list, I will forgot something.  The first packing list I made for my New Zealand trip was about two months ago, when I was planning a trip on my own, involving a fair amount of walking.  I made a second list a few weeks ago, when I succeeded in pursuading my friend, the delectable MizHB (she is truly 'down wit der kidz') to join me, and we spent a long evening over a bottle of wine planning and booking our trip.  I then made a third list, once MizHB had announced she was bringing half of her extremely comprehensive wardrobe, and most of the contents of the local Superdrug.  Having read many warnings about packing for all four seasons in New Zealand (despite the fact we're going in summer), and being determined not to end up cold/wet/hot, I had a fair amount I wanted to fit in.  And this is what it looked like this morning:


But somehow, after a bit of ordering and packing into the tardis that is my beloved Macpac rucksack, it all fitted!  With space to spare!  This is a new concept in packing for me - I suspect it may be to do with the fact that I am normally trying to fit a rope and half a ton of climbing gear into my holiday bag along with everything else!  I even managed to fit in four - yes four - pairs of shoes.



Bags are packed, I'm ready to go - New Zealand here I come!



No comments:

Post a Comment